Adventure Down Under at Gartner AADI Sydney
Gartner AADI Sydney Summit Recap
Last week, I traveled to Sydney, Australia to attend the always popular Gartner AADI Summit (Application Architecture Development and Integration). This is the primary event on the Gartner calendar distinctively covering integration/SOA, cloud computing, mobile, big data, and so on. Though this was a short event, starting Monday morning and ending Tuesday afternoon, I enjoyed the well informed conversations and was impressed at the number of visitors to our booth who showed in depth interest in our products and presentations.
We were honored to have Rick Holliday-Smith (Thru Board Member, Servcorp Board Member, ASX Chairman, and Cochlear Chairman) along with Marcus Mouffarige (COO, Servcorp) as our very special event guests at our booth. Rick and Marcus were happy to talk about their use case experiences on the Thru platform.
Monday, there was a special evening reception which was lot of fun! As you can see in the photo, Harmeet Lamba (country head, Australia), Rick Holliday-Smith, and Lee Harrison (CEO, Thru Inc.) having a good time imbibing with conference attendees at the end of the event. Oh— and discussing complex integrations of Thru.
I spoke with many conference attendees about their business processes and requirements. After multiple conversations with summit participants, the takeaway was clear. Overwhelmingly, participants sought a comprehensive managed file transfer solution with robust functionality that could provide security, governance, and administrative control.
Customers at the Sydney AADI Summit were interested in finding a managed file transfer solution that could move information between diverse platforms, applications, and partners using technology that can replace, hard to managed and unsecure FTP servers. Specifically, summit attendees were looking for:
- Automatic file uploads and downloads
- Automatic email notifications to confirm delivery
- Ad hoc information exchange within existing infrastructure without change in workflow or additional training investments
- Data encryption capabilities
- Recovery mechanisms, ensuring file transfers are successful despite possible network latency
- User-friendly web interfaces and integrations with Outlook and Salesforce.com
Security and Governance
Security was a top concern for many participants at the Sydney AADI Summit in Sydney. Participants were looking for managed file transfer solutions that not just transferred data, but also ensured security and auditability. Customers stressed interest in:
- Security measures to protect against data loss and improve governance
- Features to ensure compliance with government regulations as well as organization’s internal security regulations
- Privacy safeguards beyond what consumer file hosting services that offer cloud storage and file synchronization can provide
In terms of administrative features, participants at the Sydney AADI Summit look for:
- Active directory integration to reduce administrative overhead
- User roles to easily manage access to data on a need to access basis
- Ad hoc user provisioning, reducing the maintenance burden on IT
How Thru Compares
The Thru Managed File Transfer Platform satisfies the requirements and piqued the interest of many of the participants at the Sydney AADI Summit. Thru Managed File Transfer securely transfers files of any size or type anywhere in the world and offers full transparency for tracking and auditability and confirmation of delivery. Thru also offers connectors for Outlook, Salesforce.com, and other applications, streamlining workflow. Thru goes above and beyond to improve business and meet customers’ needs.
If you’ve never been to a Gartner event, I would suggest you make it to one. Better yet, just come to the AADI Summit in Las Vegas December 3-5 and come meet us personally. I’ll see you there!