Vocera Uses Thru for Customer Support Software Delivery
Dallas, Texas, April 21, 2014 – Like most software companies founded in the early 2000s, Vocera Communications (NYSE: VCRA) shipped traditional physical media for software distribution. Vocera’s rapid success and market expansion coupled with the footprint of a global business required a bi-directional file exchange solution for software distribution that could scale at the pace of business.
Vocera’s award winning customer support organization was confronted with a vital choice: build or buy a solution. Critical to the success of a new customer facing file exchange solution included Vocera’s customer’s ability to easily download released software, service packs and hotfixes. Time critical exchange of large files with customers to resolve support issues increased the complexity of the solution specification. Once uptime and scalability were taken into account, it was obvious that significant resources would be expended on an in house build. The decision was made to do a search for vendors that could rapidly meet the project scope:
At a minimum vendors must:
- Offer a Cloud-based service, to minimize the loading of precious corporate resources
- Offer infinite scalability both in volume of file transfers and file sizes
- Guarantee uptime within its SLA
- Offer exceptional transfer speeds worldwide
- Offer Security that meets the high standards demanded by industries that Vocera serves, such as healthcare
- Ease of use for both internal users and external customers
- Offer comprehensive integration capability with Vocera’s long time CRM partner, Salesforce.com
- Enable Vocera’s customers to continue to use the existing Salesforce customer portal without any re-training
- Record all file transfers, in the system of record Salesforce, against customer support cases
“After evaluating several vendors, we chose Thru because they met or exceeded our key requirements. The Thru platform enabled the most rapid implementation and provided additional useful functionality like powerful email integration,” says Tom Southard, VP of Global Solution Support at Vocera. “Thru’s flexible service plan coupled with the speed of implementation provided Vocera with the most cost-effective solution. Using the Thru API, our IT team completed the Salesforce.com integration in a couple of weeks, compared to months of contracted professional services that were required by other vendors”. You can watch an interview with Tom Southard at www.thruinc.com/case-studies/vocera.
“With the ability to connect instantly from anywhere on the device of their choice, Vocera’s solutions provide the fastest way to communicate in mission-critical environments such as an ER. Thru is honored to partner with Vocera to ensure their customers systems are available and running optimally”, said Thru VP of Sales Denis Brotzel.
Vocera is the leading provider of mobile communication solutions that address critical productivity and safety challenges facing healthcare, hospitality, retail and other mobile work environments. One of the fastest growing mobile technology companies, Vocera is widely recognized for developing smarter ways to communicate that improve patient and customer satisfaction. Exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association, Vocera Voice Communication, Secure Messaging, and Patient Experience solutions are installed in more than 1,000 organizations worldwide. Vocera is headquartered in San Jose, California, with offices in Tennessee, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.vocera.com and @voceracom on Twitter.
Thru, Inc. is a global leader in cloud-based managed file transfer, trusted to distribute and manage information quickly and securely across the globe. Handling millions of transactions while serving many industries including software, financial services, architecture, and manufacturing, Thru has numerous enterprise installations in over 70 countries. Thru’s platform services such as FTP replacement, secure dropbox, and mobile file sharing allow businesses and enterprises to securely manage the flow of data.
- Analyst Reports and News
- Thru in Analyst Reports
- Additional Research
- All News & Press Releases
- 2017 News & Press Releases
- 2016 News & Press Releases
- 2015 News & Press Releases
- 2014 News & Press Releases
- 2013 News & Press Releases
- 2012 News & Press Releases
- 2011 News & Press Releases
- 2010 News & Press Releases
- 2009 News & Press Releases
- 2008 News & Press Releases
- 2007 News & Press Releases
- 2006 News & Press Releases
- 2005 News & Press Releases
- 2004 News & Press Releases