Inkjet streamlines printing production with Thru Secure Dropbox™
Inkjet International is a proven manufacturer of super-wide format print solutions for outdoor media, digital décor, environmental branding and custom solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications. Inkjet serves the diverse needs of agencies, media companies, and corporate brands with value, quality and fast turnaround.
“Thru provides a service to let us transfer those larger files easily and efficiently. It saves our clients time and production time on our end.”
Director of Operations
THE CHALLENGE: Receiving Large Artwork Files from Clients
Producing large-scale printing solutions is no small task for printing manufacturers, especially the process of receiving and managing multiple large image files for production. Without a reliable file exchange and management solution, valuable time can be wasted by both the company and the client by resending or locating lost files. Inkjet was experiencing issues receiving and managing thousands of large artwork files sent by customers.
“We’ve had a lot of trouble and confusion getting files from customers through other services, either with notifications or file transfers not completing,” explained Rowdy Bush, Director of Operations for Inkjet.
Motivated by a loss in production time and upset customers, Inkjet began to search for a file transfer solution that would provide quick and reliable file uploads from customers and streamline the production process.
BUSINESS VALUE: Increased Productivity and Customer Satisfaction
Since Thru is now Inkjet’s primary solution for file transfer, both the company and its customers are experiencing significant time savings that weren’t possible with previous services. Thru has streamlined the way Inkjet receives large files from customers resulting in the following benefits:
- Faster speeds and reliable transfers decreases idle time for production
- Secure mobile file sharing enables BYOD for easy access to files on and off-site
- Easy upload instructions and interface design ensure ease of use for customers
- Immediate notifications quicken production and reduce service calls
- Heightened cloud storage security guarantees safety for corporate data
Thru’s ability to perform any file transfer scenario with flexibility and security attracts companies like Inkjet to adopt managed file transfer as their primary source for exchanging large files. Thru’s platform services enable secure file transfer, FTP replacement, enterprise file sync and share, electronic software delivery and other services to be integrated across applications and workflows, making it a comprehensive approach to file transfer in the enterprise.
THRU SOLUTION: Thru Secure Dropbox™
Inkjet chose Thru to streamline file exchange based on Thru’s reliability in handling large files and easy to use upload features for customers.
Integrated seamlessly into the company’s website, Inkjet uses Thru’s Dropbox™ to securely receive large artwork files with the following features:
- Files or folders of any size or type with multiple upload and download options
- Notifications sent to both the recipient and sender
- Files are uploaded directly into the file system using any device
- Record of time, email, IP address, and full auditing of every upload
- Full virus scanning for every file in transit and at rest