Email Attachment Management
Simply removing attachments from emails and uploading them to another server does not secure attachments. In order to truly achieve email attachment security and prevent breaches, policies must be enforceable by administrators, data centers must be secured, and files must be encrypted in transit and at rest. Thru provides this functionality along with connectors for the most common email clients, enabling businesses and enterprises to secure email attachments in compliance with internal and external governance.
Email Attachment Security
Thru protects email attachments by utilizing multiple security features across the life of an attachment. Whenever a file is uploaded to the Thru server, it is fully scanned and then encrypted for transfer and storage. By utilizing a combination of other security features, such as requiring recipient logins, Thru prevents the ability of unintended recipients downloading files from emails that have been forwarded or compromised.
- Advanced transfer security including AES 256-bit SSL/TLS Encryption
- Heightened cloud storage security with FIPS compliant 256-bit AES Encryption for data at rest
- Full anti-virus scanning on every file
- Require Recipient log-in and registration
- Set an expiration date for time sensitive attachments
- Send Private Messages as encrypted text
Simple Granular Administration
Administrators are given precise control of Thru to optimize security and usability. Files and folders of any size can be transferred based on policies set by IT, minimizing the impact on users. A centralized repository accelerates the discovery process and enables immediate expiration of suspect emails and content links.
- Email server offloading removes the burden from corporate servers
- Email Policy Enforcement enables automatic setting of various Thru security features
- Standard emails are handled according to size and file type policies without user interaction
- Retention rules automate file deletion for storage management and compliance adherence
- Administrators can receive notifications of any critical events in the system operation
Auditing and Tracking
Administration from one central location facilitates monitoring operation of the application. All uploads, downloads, and modifications of any file on a Thru server are recorded in a secure database with robust reporting to greatly aid the auditing and tracking of any file attachment. This empowers the rapid locating of emails for litigation purposes while also allowing users to retrieve offloaded content.
- Comprehensive audit trail records and stores every action on a file
- Tracking numbers on every file transferred to facilitate auditability
- Customizable dashboards and detailed reports for user analysis or activities
- Sophisticated Notification System for administrators and users
- All reports can be exported and stored on the hard drive
Connectors for Common Business Applications
Thru is fully integrated with Microsoft Outlook and IBM Notes, providing this functionality in a seamless, user-friendly manner. The Thru connectors allows new users to begin using Thru with little or no additional training, while cultivating user productivity via seamless access to secured content.