June 5, 2017, by Subhashini Simha - VP, Product Management and Marketing
Posted in Security
Easily manage and adhere to the requirements with an EFSS solution.
On May 25, 2018, a European privacy law is due to take effect that sets a new global standard for privacy rights, security, and compliance. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC was basically formulated to simplify and blend data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens data privacy and to reshape the way organizations across the region approach data privacy. What this means to businesses is that it establishes strict global privacy requirements governing how you manage and protect personal data while respecting individual choice—no matter where data is sent, processed, or stored. GDPR will require significant changes by organizations all over the world.
At Thru, we take privacy and security of data very seriously, and we believe that the GDPR is an important step forward for clarifying and enabling individual privacy rights. Although your journey to GDPR may seem challenging, a secure enterprise file sync and share solution like Thru, can help simplify it for you.
A secure enterprise file sync and share solution can help ensure you are GDPR Compliant.
- Conformity and compliance with the GDPR requirements – Thru provides end-to-end secure file sharing with a multi factor authentication and granular audit reports, that helps organizations stay in control of data exchange.
- Access Control & Authorization of usage – Users who have access to personal data can be subject to multiple authentication processes to increase the level of security of the data.
- Encryption – Thru provides end-to-end encryption for data at rest or in transit.
- Robust reporting and auditing – Every event related to a file or data transaction is recorded in Thru, including the IP address of the recipient.
- Flexible deployment options – Thru offers a flexible deployment option, to meet your unique needs. If you choose to deploy on-premise, Thru’s capability of flexible configurations enable even higher standards of security. And if you chose the cloud, Thru’s EU data center ensures your data stays within the EU.
With content and data being handled at an enterprise level security, an enterprise fie sync and share solution like Thru can help you take a principled approach to build trust with your customers, with strong commitments to privacy, security, and compliance. We are applying those principles even within Thru, as we prepare for the GDPR. We understand that GDPR compliance is a shared responsibility and we are committed to help you be GDPR compliant across our Thru services when enforcement begins on May 25, 2018. We look forward to sharing additional updates about how we can help you comply with this important new law and, in the process, advance personal and business data privacy protections. Please visit thruinc.com to find additional resources and to learn more about how Thru can help you fulfill GDPR requirements.