Connector for SharePoint
Thru Managed File Transfer for SharePoint extends the capabilities of document and content management portals providing users a secure platform to exchange files of any size with external users (e.g., partners, customers and colleagues). Thru also allows users to easily publish files and folders that reside in SharePoint document libraries to external/public Web portals without compromising integrity or security.
Integration is simple—from the Web interface in SharePoint, Thru Managed File Transfer for SharePoint provides a call to a custom email form residing on the SharePoint server. Thru Managed File Transfer for SharePoint then uploads the file to the managed file transfer platform and generates a Web service call which provides a branded link for the external user to download the file. An acknowledgment of custom terms and disclaimer by the recipient is required before access to the download is granted. When the download occurs, an email notification is automatically generated and a record of the download is stored in Thru for reporting and audit purposes.
Thru integrates seamlessly with existing applications—business users get exactly what they need. (On-demand video)
- Extend SharePoint environment to external users – Using Thru’s Content Delivery Network, securely distribute files of any size from SharePoint to recipients around the globe, at extremely high speeds, without creating and managing additional SharePoint implementations.
- Advanced security and file tracking for regulatory compliance – Add encryption, passwords and information rights management protection to files, verify authenticity, monitor file uploads and downloads, create time sensitive expiration controls and maintain an audit trail in real time—available through intuitive visual dashboards within Microsoft SharePoint.
- Enterprise level insight for ongoing monitoring – With enterprise level visibility and reporting, management can drill down and generate comprehensive information on user and file activity.
- Conserve network bandwidth – SharePoint’s hardware and network bandwidth requirements are significantly high, but offloading large digital data transfers to the Thru system greatly enhances corporate server performance and increases server capacity.
- Seamless publishing of information – Thru provides the ability to quickly and easily publish information directly from SharePoint document libraries directly to external Web servers without compromising security.