Risk and Compliance
News reports of corporate data being compromised have become common place. Data privacy and data security has become top of mind for corporate CIOs. Far reaching and more invasive regulatory controls are increasing the burden of governance, control and compliance enforcement. Tracking compliance and maintaining records that provide incontrovertible evidence of mandated adherence to government rules of governance and control has become overwhelming. Protecting, maintaining control and having adequate visibility to critical business information that is distributed and stored in multiple locations around the world further complicates efforts to comply. More and more, and unknown to the corporate compliance officer, information that is vital for business operations is open to potential malicious exploitation and non-malicious but inappropriate employee distribution.
Thru’s Risk and Compliance Solution
The Thru platform provides the highest levels of security with comprehensive access controls and a legal-grade audit trail for tracking all actions on each individual document. To help manage risk, Thru provides a framework for policy-based controls on who has access to individual items of data and the actions they can take, whether it’s the ability to modify, delete, download, send, re-write or read only. Thru’s native access controls have the granularity and ease of adjustment needed in today’s fast paced and ever-changing global business environment. Access to files and folders in the Thru Platform’s virtual file system is protected by user and group permissions subdivided into four distinct hierarchical control levels. All actions by authorized users are logged along with connection data including IP address, and can be reported on and drilled into via Thru’s Audit Manager.
With Thru, you can confidently and securely manage access use and distribution of sensitive documents to support your business anywhere, anytime, and from any location with the confidence that you are meeting regulatory compliance.
By initiating granular access controls over valuable and sensitive information, the logging and monitoring of all activity, and storing activity data forever–with control, audit, and reporting using the Thru’s Risk and Compliance Solution– governance objectives are advanced and substantially meet industry and government security compliance regulations for data privacy and security.
Risk and Compliance Key Features
- Safeguard Protected Health Information (PHI) – Close security holes that might trigger fines for non compliance with the new HITECH Act Enforcement Interim Final Rule Subtitle D section 13410(d) with fines up to $1.5 million.
- Secure file delivery and verifiable audit – Files are delivered with encryption, registered receipt and real-time tracking. In addition, Digital Rights Management (DRM) can be added to files or folders to provide controls and tracking throughout the document’s complete life-cycle. Governance and compliance – in addition to legal-grade reports for tracking and audit of all deliveries and transactions, an acknowledgment of customized terms and disclaimer by the customer is required before access to the statement is granted.
- Enables faster e-Discovery – Minimizes litigation risk and FRCP compliance fines.
- Monitor a single audit trail to track information – Know who has access, and enforce control policies.
- Control over email compliance – Prevent leaks and efficiently transfer, track, store and access data files.
- Unsurpassed Security – Thru services runs on top of Thru Server with backward compatibility to automated applications with transport encryption using SSL, and protection against Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attack by limiting number of concurrent connections, IP address black/white lists and brute force attack protection.