The FTP platform will allow you to log into your site using FTP protocol.
SFTP \ FTPS connections require that customers register all public IP addresses that connect to the Thru platform via these protocols.
To register an IP address the customer must provide the public IP address of the client connecting to the Thru platform via one of the secure FTP connections.
If you don’t know the IP address, you can point a browser to https://whatismyipaddress.com/ and the IP address will be displayed.
Next, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the IP address(es) be whitelisted for FTP connectivity.
SFTP \ FTPS Client Configuration Information
To configure your FTP client to connect to Thru, refer to the following information:
- Host: Depending on which global region is being used, one of the following will be entered.
- ORD1-FTP.thruinc.net – Chicago (126.96.36.199)
- HKG-FTP.thruinc.net – Hong Kong (188.8.131.52)
- LHR-FTP.thruinc.net – London (184.108.40.206)
- SYD-FTP.thruinc.net – Sydney (220.127.116.11)
- Trial-FTP.thruinc.net – For Demo and Trial sites in Europe (18.104.22.168)
- Hosts for customers subscribed to OptiSPEED
- optispeed-sftps.thruinc.net – US sites
- optispeed-sftps-uk.thruinc.net – Europe sites
- Protocol: Select your secure FTP preference
- Encryption: Require explicit FTP over TLS
- Logon Type: Select your preference
- User: The user is a combination of Thru site portal URL / user name (typically email address);
- Password: The password is the same one used for Thru portal authentication.
Egress connections to Thru FTP services may need to be enabled on a corporate firewall.
If the error “The server rejected SFTP connection, but it listens for FTP connections” appears after attempting the authenticated connection, it is most likely that the Thru FTP host has to be added to the firewall whitelist.