The FTP platform will allow you to log into your site using FTP protocol.
To allow anonymous FTP access to the Thru Platform:
- Check Allow anonymous access to this site. It is disabled by default. Even when this option is disabled, users can access the portal via FTP and FTPeS using FTP clients when configured with user credentials.
You can also specify how long a session will stay active (in minutes). If you want the session to never expire, input the time as 0 minutes.
- Click Save.
Setting Up Anonymous FTP Access
- Create a regular Thru user named anonymous. You can decide if you want to create a home folder and/or share other folders for anonymous access.
- Activate the user by following the activation email and set a password. This password will be required for web access but not for FTP access.
- Set read/write permission to the folders you would like to expose for anonymous access.
Client FTP Configuration Information
To configure your FTP client to Thru, refer to the following information:
- Host- Depending on which data center is being used, one of the following will be entered.
SJC-FTP.thruinc.net – Chicago (22.214.171.124)
ORD1-FTP.thruinc.net – Chicago (126.96.36.199)
HKG-FTP.thruinc.net – Hong Kong (188.8.131.52)
LHR-FTP.thruinc.net – London (184.108.40.206)
SYD-FTP.thruinc.net – Sydney (220.127.116.11)
- Protocol- FTP
- Encryption- Require explicit FTP over TLS
- Logon Type- Normal
- User- The user is a combination of portal name\user name.
For example: demo.thruinc.net\firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password- The password will be the same one set for the Thru portal.