To use the Transaction Log of Audit, select the Transaction Log tab.
A Transaction log report allows users and administrators to analyze file system activity. The Thru server tracks all file system transactions, each transaction consisting of an operation and a list of the file and/or folder items containing operation-specific data.
The following is a list of form controls. Filters marked with † accept wildcards (either * or %).
- Operation: Select one or more operations. The All option overrides individual selections.
- Application: Filter a specific client application.
- Operation ID: Report result includes operation IDs. You can filter by an ID to access an operation directly.
- Item ID: Report result includes item IDs in basic and full-detail layouts. You can filter by an Item ID to get the operation that includes the item.
- Operation Date/Time (UTC): Operation creation date range. To clear a date, open date popup and click Reset. Default end date is set to next day to cover geographical areas where UTC time is a few hours ahead of local time.
- Rows per Page: Maximum number of operation shown in one page.
- Sort: Report result is sorted by Operation ID. Use this filter to specify ascending or descending order. For further sorting, export the results to Excel.
- Thru Active User: Select one of active users (for managers and administrators only).
- Thru User Email†: Enter email or part of email. This filter can be used to query deleted users.
- External User Email†: External user is either secure message recipient, including CC and BCC, or Thru Dropbox sender. Specify email or part of email.
- Client IP Address†: Client IP Address is captured for all operations. Multiple users might have the same IP if their requests go through corporate proxy.
- Select Path: Select a folder from active folder list. To get operations on immediate children only uncheck Include Subfolders checkbox. Note that the folder is filtered by a path string. Therefore, if the path has been renamed, results will not include entries logged with previous paths.
- Enter path†: Specify a folder or part of the path with wildcards. This filter can be used to query deleted folders.
- File Name†: Enter exact file name or part of the name with wildcards.
Message Delivery Filters
- Thru Tracking No.: Tracking No. is captured for message delivery and external download operations.
- Message Subject†: Enter full or part of subject. Message subject is captured in Secure Message and External Download operations.
- Message State: Choose between active only, expired only or all.
- Message Body†: Enter search expression with wild card.
- Private Message†: Enter search expression with wild card.