To make a file available for download via Publishing (creating a link to the file) you must be a user in the Publishing Users group. Once you have submitted your file for publishing, a user belonging to the Publishing Administrators group will need to publish a file. That administrator will have to approve the publishing before it is available for download.
To publish a file in Thru Explorer:
1. Right-click on the file you want to publish.
The Send Publishing Request window opens.
2. Choose a Collection.
- Click the Right Arrow to select which collection you would like to add this publishing. New Collections can only be added by a Publishing Administrator.
- Link Text will be what is displayed when a receiver goes to pick up the files. You can change the Link Text to what you desire as long as you keep the file extension intact.
- Link Description is optional and will help you keep track of your publishing.
- Request Note is also optional and will be displayed to the Publishing Administrators once they go to approve your publication request.
3. Click Send. A Publishing Administrator will need to be notified to log in and approve or deny your publishing request.