Thru’s 2015: Capitalizing on Their Niche Takes the EFSS Platform to the Next Level
Irving, TX, April 19, 2016 — (Business Wire) — Thru, Inc., a leading enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) company, was consistently the leading file sync and sharing solution choice among top technology companies in 2015, resulting in a stellar financial year for the company.
“Our greatest asset is our ability to custom-engineer solutions to solve complex and large file sharing needs like those at high tech companies,” says Lee Harrison, Thru CEO. “That is what sets us apart from our out-of-the-box solution competitors and it’s the reason leading analysts have positioned us next to Microsoft, Google and Box.”
Thru has focused on solving complex, mission-critical file sharing needs for industry leaders such as EMC, VMware and Vocera by leveraging the power of its platform. This strategy has given Thru a unique advantage with the resulting pricing power and integration stickiness of its platform.
Financial trends for 2015 were consistent with planning projections. The company continued its pivot to the high tech vertical; technology and electronics companies accounted for 49 percent of revenue in FY2015.
Fiscal Year 2015 Highlights
- Increased gross margins to record 82 percent
- New contract bookings grew by 173 percent compared to FY2014
- GAAP revenues increased by 38 percent year over year
- New contracts and uplifts to existing contracts represented 47 percent of revenue
Thru received strong analyst recognition in 2015 from Forrester and Gartner. The company was named a Niche Player in Gartner’s “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise File Synchronization and Sharing” in July 2015. Its EFSS mobile app ranked highly over mega-vendors like Microsoft, Google and Box.
About Thru, Inc.
Thru, Inc.’s mission is to empower enterprises around the world to do business securely and effectively. With installations in over 170 countries, Thru supports leading organizations with file sharing & collaboration solutions built exclusively for the enterprise. Thru offers products like Dropbox™, Thru Sync, Apps for iOS, Android and Plugins for Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce and SharePoint. For more information about Thru, visit www.thruinc.com.
*Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Analyst Reports and News
- Thru in Analyst Reports
- Additional Research
- All News & Press Releases
- 2018 News & Press Releases
- 2017 News & Press Releases
- 2016 News & Press Releases
- 2015 News & Press Releases
- 2014 News & Press Releases
- 2013 News & Press Releases
- 2012 News & Press Releases
- 2011 News & Press Releases
- 2010 News & Press Releases
- 2009 News & Press Releases
- 2008 News & Press Releases
- 2007 News & Press Releases
- 2006 News & Press Releases
- 2005 News & Press Releases
- 2004 News & Press Releases