Deploy Managed File Transfer in AWS Cloud
To align with your digital transformation strategy and security requirements, deploy Thru in your self-managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud. Use your current instance of AWS or launch a new one.
- Load balancer: Preferably a web application firewall (WAF)
- Application servers: t2.xlarge (4 vCPU and 16GiB memory) recommended
- At least 200 GB OS drive (C:)
- 1 TB Cache Drive (F:)
- Data server
- Core server
- Web server: Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Storage: FSx for Windows, share size depends on many factors such as amount of data retained, size of data, frequency of data, etc.
- TB capacity is based on usage
- Throughput capacity minimum: 16 Mbps
- Database: RDS Microsoft SQL, db.m4.xlarge
- 2016-2019 Standard edition Microsoft SQL or Enterprise edition
How to Deploy Thru in AWS Cloud
- Set up an AWS private cloud or use your current one.
AWS has 80 Availability Zones across 25 geographic regions1, with plans to launch more in Australia, India, Indonesia, Spain and Switzerland.
Consider your use cases and whether you need public-facing subnets (access to internet), private-facing subnets (no access to internet) or both for your systems.
Select a common network setup and AWS will automatically create the necessary subnets, IP ranges, route tables and security groups.
- Ensure high availability and disaster recovery.
To to eliminate single points of failure and ensure high availability, implement failure detection and failover mechanisms.2
When configuring AWS for disaster recovery, choose a multi-region strategy: backup and restore, pilot light, warm standby or active-active.3
- Install Thru.
Install and maintain Thru in your private cloud with assistance from our Cloud Operations team.
Learn about the benefits, features and security of Thru’s cloud MFT.
See organizations, flows and endpoints in action.
Get a broader picture of private cloud deployment.