Customer Success Story:
Sage securely delivers software around the world with Thru
Country or Region
Sage is a world-leading supplier of accounting and business management systems for small to medium sized companies.
Needed a solution to reliably transfer software and extremely large files containing sensitive information.
Sage is using Thru to rapidly deliver files around the globe.
- Fast global file delivery and collaboration between offices with zero downtime or data integrity issues
- Eliminated file transfers timing out during upload
- Improved customer satisfaction with external user collaboration
- Increased the security of transferring proprietary information
Sage is a world-leading supplier of accounting and business management software designed for small to medium-sized companies. Sage applications cover a wide range of business requirements, including accounting, customer relationship management, contact management, human resources, warehouse management and specialized products for specific industries. Sage North America has more than 3.2 million customers with offices across the U.S. and Canada.
At Sage, nearly 700 employees are required to manage extremely large files containing proprietary information, while also controlling access to data for customers, advisors and business partners globally. Sage began to look for an innovative solution to transfer these assets between offices across North America and with customers around the globe. Prior to implementing Thru, Sage experienced:
- Less than optimal speeds.
- Global software deliveries sometimes timed out during uploads.
- Occasional corrupted data.
- Difficulty in managing data.
Sage chose the Thru Platform to deliver software around the globe. Powered by a global Content Delivery Network, Thru enables software companies to store software on strategically located servers around the globe using a simple but powerful set of tools for management, distribution and tracking of all files.
- Rapidly send software files of any size while removing burden from corporate email servers and storage.
- Thru geo-steering technology automatically looks up a user’s IP address and calculates the nearest Thru data center directing uploads and downloads to the lowest RTT (round trip time).
- CRM Integration enables revenue recognition according to GAAP.
- Strongest Service Level Agreement (SLA) in the business with a 100% uptime guarantee to enable business to be conducted without interruptions.
- Enables ad-hoc sending and receiving of extremely large database files for repair and patching for customer support.
Senior IT Vendor Manager
The Thru platform has exceeded Sage’s expectations in terms of capabilities and ease of use. Reliability issues have effectively been eliminated and the ease of collaboration both internally and externally has greatly increased productivity and customer satisfaction.
- File transfers never time out or arrive corrupted.
- Software deliveries around the globe are now completed in a fraction of the time.
- Employees in different offices can work together on projects without having to wait on file transfers or search for the most current versions of files.
- Employees can also collaborate with various external partners while sharing only the necessary files, protecting valuable proprietary information.
Senior IT Vendor Manager