A collection is a set of published links that anyone with the link to the collection can view.
From the Thru Portal go to Administration > Publishing.
To define collections, expand the Publishing menu, and then select Collections.
To add a collection:
a. Click Add Collection on the top user toolbar.
The Add Publishing Collection page opens.
b. To define collection criteria:
- Collection Page Title – Main title of the collections page and displayed at the top of the page.
- Links Subtitle – Subtitle of the link of the collection, visible on the left side of the page when a user navigates to the link.
- Description – Optional field to differentiate the collection from others.
- Header – Optional field displayed at the top of the page.
- Footer – optional field displayed at the bottom of the page.
- Require recipient registration for downloads – Requires the user to register before downloading files.
- Show search field – Lets users search for files with a search field.
- Show all links when search is empty – Displays all links in collection when a user does not specify search criteria.
- Show collection in site publishing interface – Displays under which collection the files are stored.
- Show publishing icon near file links – Displays an icon before the file name.
c. Click Save to create the collection.
To activate, deactivate, or delete a collection:
a. Expand the Publishing menu, and then select Collections.
b. Select the check box before a collection to activate that collection
c. Clear the check box before a collection to deactivate that collection.
d. To delete a collection, select the checkbox before the collection, and then click Delete.
To link to a collection:
a. Expand the Publishing menu, and then select Collection Links.
b. Click the collection you want, and then scroll to the bottom of the page.
c. From here, you can:
- Click Modify to change any of the features you defined when creating the collection.
- Click Preview to view a preview of the published collection.
- Click Script to receive the scripts for the collection links.