Thru, Inc Azure Cloud Operations Engineer (Microsoft SQL and .NET/C#)
Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas
Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
Thru is looking for a highly motivated and professional Cloud Operations Engineer, based at our Las Colinas office location in Irving, Texas. Please note that this is not a remote position.
We are looking for a technically motivated Cloud Operations Engineer with a strong reliability-focused Microsoft Windows background. The Cloud Operations Engineer will be hands-on and involved with building, maintaining, and troubleshooting Azure environments for worldwide mission-critical application use. The Cloud Operations Engineer is someone that is a team player with the desire and passion for modern technology to take on large-scale responsibility.
The Cloud Operations Engineer will work with some of the latest technology stack available for building and maintaining reliable cloud infrastructure and services based primarily on the Windows OS, but also Linux based systems, within Azure and its services to deliver automated, highly available and scalable solutions that Thru customers rely on.
You will have experience with administrating the runtime of enterprise software on the Windows OS distributions and Linux running in MS Azure Cloud. Specifically, demonstrable experience administrating environments using Azure Web Services and Resource Manager, Application Insights, Dashboards, and Log Analytics.
- Perform deployment, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of high availability enterprise solutions that implement industry standards using MS Azure.
- Perform proactive system administration, monitoring, technical efficiency tuning, up-time, alert notifications, and automation tasks.
- Building and setting up new development tools to improve automation and code deployment, with a focus on Azure operations and application deployment/configuration.
- Administration of Azure SQL Database services.
- Ownership in the diagnosis and issue resolution process, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions or escalation where necessary.
- Troubleshooting of infrastructure/software application solutions using both Azure Web Services, Monitor and Application Insights.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages is a plus (For example: PowerShell, Kusto, Python, .NET, C#).
- Proactively identify and raise technical risks.
- Produce/update documentation on system processes to meet compliancy/auditing regulations.
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Comply with all IT and Information Security policies and procedures; help respond to audit requests.
- On call/Out of Hours emergency action in the event of environment failure.
- Support the deployment of Thru software in customer virtual private clouds including AWS.
- Manage domains and Active Directory using Azure AD.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise technical systems administration and implementation with similar duties.
- 3+ years experience in implementing enterprise cloud/hosting deployments with similar duties.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral and detail oriented.
- Demonstrable Azure platform and portal, Windows OS, Azure SQL, .NET – Linux a definite plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – particularly in an Azure environment involving the deployment and runtime aspect of application servers (specifically IIS/.NET) and databases (SQL*Server), utilizing tools such as Azure Application Insights, Monitor, and Kusto.
- Experience/awareness of automated DevOps activities, concepts, and toolsets.
- Good database skills including the use of Azure SQL and associated database management tools – PostgreSQL/Oracle a plus.
- Good technical networking skills, Layer 3 and above, including subnetting, addressing and VPN.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production environment, both in teams and in isolation with a minimum of supervision in 24x7x365 type team structures.
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related field is required
Be a part of a team with a purpose. Thru offers competitive compensation packages including rich medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance coverages, equity and generous matching in our IRA program. Come-as-you-are casual dress environments, and certain disciplines can qualify for education subsidies. Our PTO policy, flexible work schedules, paid holidays and a subsidized gym membership allow you to balance your work with your non-work life.
Thru is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV/resumé.
Please be sure to specify the Job Position Title in the Subject Line.