Secure Document Exchange
Send and receive documents and files securely
Sending confidential documents via post, fax and email is still a common practice but does not provide necessary security or tracking. It is critical to protect documents containing sensitive data while being exchanged both internally within companies and externally with clients, partners, vendors and regulatory agencies. Using the right secure document exchange solution provides both protection of information and full control and oversight of files going in and out of the business.
What Is Secure Document Exchange?
Secure document exchange is a solution that allows people to easily send and receive files securely from anywhere at any time while meeting compliance requirements such as end-to-end encryption (E2EE) and audit logs of all transfers. You can rest assured knowing that documents being exchanged are not compromised.
Why Use Secure Document Exchange?
With identity theft and fraud occurrences continuing to rise, documents and files containing confidential and personally identifiable information (PII) must be validated and secured while in transit and at rest. Documents transferred by Thru’s cloud-based service are protected with end-to-end encryption and antivirus scanning. Our architecture is built on multiple levels of security at the infrastructure, application and data layers and undergoes regular intrusion detection and prevention scans to identify and fix vulnerabilities and threats.
In addition to added security, using Thru to exchange files and documents includes the following four benefits:
Improve Customer Experience
Faster uploads improve customer experience using Thru’s High Speed File Transfer. Users can upload and download files up to 20X faster in regions with slow internet.
Visibility into File Activity
Control access to documents, such as viewing, editing and downloading. Track documents and run comprehensive audit reports on all file activities such as downloads/uploads, transfers and deletions.
Send / Receive Large Files
Securely access and share files of any size from desktops or mobile devices via web browsers and email clients. Anyone can upload documents directly to your secure Thru Dropbox™ account.
Add out-of-the-box plugins to Microsoft Outlook/Office 365 and Salesforce to exchange documents without interruptions to daily processes. Integration via APIs and an embeddable file upload widget are also available.
Thru Solution for Secure Document Exchange
Thru’s cloud-based file transfer system provides a gateway for external users to securely exchange documents with an organization via a web-based interface. The diagram below illustrates using Thru for secure document exchange for both file upload and download. Thru’s MFT tool, deployed in the cloud as a service, secures file transfers between the enterprise and its customers. Thru is both client and server and supports the main file transfer protocols: HTTPS, SFTP and FTPS.
Upload File Flow
Customers needing to send files to the enterprise can upload files in a web portal over HTTPS or directly via SFTP/FTPS. A developer API SDK includes an upload widget that is easily integrated into the enterprise-branded web portal.
Download File Flow
Companies needing to provide files to its customers or partners—or to anyone—can use Thru for secure, trackable delivery. Recipients download the files using a link within an email or via a web portal.
Secure Document Exchange Use Cases
Secure document exchange with Thru provides confidentiality and accountability that sending files via other means does not achieve. Transferring documents using Thru ensures the integrity of client and company data. Users can easily and safely exchange sensitive information while administrators have the necessary controls to manage and monitor file transfers to help meet strict regulations. The following three use cases highlight common document exchange scenarios.
Customer Success Stories of Secure Document Exchange
Secure and Track Documents
Plus500 has an active customer base of over 317,000 with 37 million positions opened and nearly $1.3 trillion global trade value in 2017.
- Manages critical file exchange processes daily with customers and partners.
- Integration of application servers with Thru platform via Thru Web Services API.
- Meets finance industry’s tightly controlled governance requirements.
File Upload/Download for Salesforce
Bi-directional exchange of the files attached to support cases in Salesforce–based support systems:
- Logs and software patches.
- 60K+ users.
- 10TB monthly uploads and 100TB+ storage.
- Integration of Dell EMC Salesforce Lightning support environment with Thru Lightning file management component and Thru platform via Web Services API.
File Distribution to Customers
- Thru deployment in ACI datacenters.
- Distribution of software products to the customers based on entitlements.
- Mission Critical workflow of software distribution in high-security environment.
- Integration of custom Salesforce application and Oracle/Java back-end application with Thru platform via Thru Web Services API to manage product files, user accounts and security.
Large File Uploads
- Inbound flow of support logs and databases for repair.
- Outbound flow of software patches and fixed databases.
- Thru Web portal facing customers and used by support staff (HTTPS) and Thru SFTP server—2 protocols used.
- Thru integrated with Active Directory.
Distribution of Software Patches
- Distribution of software patches as part of support system.
- Integration of custom Salesforce application with Thru platform using Thru Web Services API.
Customer File Upload and Download
- Distribution of software releases, updates and patches to the customers via Salesforce and Thru.
- Revenue recognition for public company based on guaranteed delivery of a software package to the customer.
- Integration of custom Salesforce front-end with Thru Salesforce Connector.