Cloud Managed File Transfer (MFT) Guide
Cloud managed file transfer (MFT) solutions are deployed in multi-tenant or private clouds. If customers choose a multi-tenant cloud, MFT vendors typically manage deployment, high availability and disaster recovery. Additional benefits of cloud MFT include
- Fast deployment
- Lower maintenance costs
- Unlimited and automatic scaling
Cloud Managed File Transfer Deployment
Configure MFT in our cloud or in your private cloud, such as Microsoft Azure Cloud or Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud. A hybrid architecture option extends MFT functionality to internal file transfers executed by MFT agents installed on corporate networks and orchestrated by our cloud. All files within internal flows are transferred inside the enterprise’s firewalls.
Using Our Cloud for File Transfers
Thru runs in certified Azure data centers in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany and Australia. Because we are a cloud MFT as a service (MFTaaS) company, we manage deployment and maintenance for you. File transfer times depend on network latency between endpoints and our data centers, in addition to payload size. For latency concerns, there are two options:
- Provision and access multiple instances of Thru in different locations.
- Implement our high speed file transfer service.
Benefits of running in our cloud include
- Zero deployment or maintenance
- Automatic upgrade to new features
- Unlimited elasticity based on file transfer load
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Multiple location options, based on data sovereignty requirements and network proximity
- Defense-in-depth security in database, infrastructure and data centers
File Transfers in Your Private Cloud
To satisfy corporate governance or security requirements, deploy Thru in your virtual private cloud in Azure or AWS, retaining self-management of the MFT cloud infrastructure and its costs. Give Thru access to configure managed, semi-automatic updates. You can also add high availability (HA) to your configuration.
Learn more about deployment in a private cloud:
Cloud MFT with On-Premises Agent
Transfer files within your enterprise firewall with the Thru Node (an MFT agent), which is installed on-premises to transfer files yet is orchestrated by our cloud.
Use the online administration portal to re-configure, pause/resume, restart or update the node. Configurations are retrieved by the node via outbound polling using an HTTPS connection.
Benefits of a hybrid solution include
- Files never leave enterprise network
- Automated file compression, PGP encryption, renaming and routing
- Easy to set up and use