File Transfer Automation
With reusable workflows and client/server functionality, Thru fits many different use cases. Configure automated file transfers in a web portal and onboard partners in minutes with our cloud-native managed file transfer (MFT) service. Multiple protocols and connectors are available.
Pub/Sub Model for Automated File Transfer
Thru’s publish-subscribe (pub/sub) design replaces multiple brittle point-to-point connections with workflow subscriptions, making it more flexible than traditional MFT solutions.
- Set many-to-many file transfers using one workflow and multiple endpoints
- Change endpoints or subscriptions at any time without disrupting automated file transfers
- Broadcast or route data based on business rules, endpoint and file metadata
Use APIs to Automate File Transfers
Choose an MFT solution that fits your current requirements and aligns with your integration strategy. Connect with other systems by using Thru’s:
- Management API to configure and manage Thru entities as needed.
- Monitoring API to connect our alerts and activity streams to your IT operations management (ITOM) or security information and event management (SIEM) software such as Splunk, IBM, SolarWinds, Cisco, Microsoft or Dell.
Automate File Processing
Configure workflows without coding and use one workflow to extend file transfer automation to many partners:
- Meet your use case with various workflow types, including one-to-many, many-to-one and to/from an integration platform (iPaaS).
- Add your own third-party software connector to workflows.
Within workflows, you can change file metadata and perform other types of file processing. Tailor workflows for your use case with
- Trigger or semaphore files
- File name filters
- File routing
- Encryption and decryption
- Compression and decompression *
- File renaming *
*Coming soon in Fall 2021 release. Please contact our sales team for more information.
Guaranteed File Delivery Reduces Business Disruption
Thru guarantees file delivery with
- Persistent storage: Thru is built on a cloud file system that stores files until delivery.
- File transfer resume: After network disruption, file transfers will resume for major transfer protocols.
- Durable workflows: The logic of workflows is durable during file transfer retries. The system always knows where and when the files should be delivered after transfer interruptions are fixed.
Automated File Transfer Use Cases
Automated File Transfer FAQs
What is file transfer automation?
What is the purpose of automated file transfer?
Who uses automated file transfer?
Can SFTP be automated?
What are the disadvantages of using scripts to automate file transfers?
What is robotic process automation (RPA) and how does it fit with MFT?
Have questions about automating file transfers?
Get answers, not a sales pitch. Our experts love to analyze, discuss and solve managed file transfer challenges.