What Is Automated File Transfer?
File transfer automation occurs when a system programmatically transfers files from a set of source endpoints to a set of target endpoints. Transfers can be within the enterprise network, outside its network or to/from an integration platform. Managed file transfer (MFT) solutions can automatically
- Process files.
- Guarantee file delivery.
- Alert administrators when issues arise.
Create and Change Automated Workflows
Thru’s publish-subscribe (pub/sub) design replaces multiple brittle point-to-point connections with workflow subscriptions, making it more flexible than traditional MFT solutions:
- Set many-to-many file transfers using one workflow and multiple endpoints
- Change endpoints or subscriptions at any time without disrupting automated file transfers
- Broadcast or route data based on business rules, endpoint and file metadata
Use APIs to Automate File Transfers
Choose an MFT solution that fits your current requirements and aligns with your integration strategy. Connect with other systems by using Thru’s:
- Management API to configure and manage Thru entities as needed.
- Monitoring API to connect our alerts and activity streams to your IT operations management (ITOM) or security information and event management (SIEM) software such as Splunk, IBM, SolarWinds, Cisco, Microsoft or Dell.
Automate File Processing
Configure workflows without coding to extend file transfer automation to one or many target endpoints:
- Meet your use case with various workflow types, including one-to-many, many-to-one and to/from an integration platform (iPaaS).
- Add your own third-party software connector to workflows.
Change file metadata and perform other types of file processing within workflows, including
- Trigger or semaphore files
- File name filters
- File routing
- File masking / endpoint filtering
- Encryption and decryption
- Compression and decompression
- File renaming
Thru supports binary transfers with the following protocols:
- Universal naming convention (UNC)
- Network file system (NFS) – with our MFT agent
- Server message block (SMB) – with our MFT agent
- Storage area network (SAN)
Guaranteed File Delivery Reduces Business Disruption
Thru has no limits on file size and it does not split large files. Instead, file delivery is guaranteed with
- Persistent storage: Thru is built on a cloud file system that stores files until delivery.
- File transfer resume: After network disruption, file transfers will resume for major transfer protocols.
- Durable workflows: The logic of workflows is durable during file transfer retries. The system always knows where and when the files should be delivered after transfer interruptions are fixed.