Customer Success Story:
Plus500 secures file transfer processes
Country or Region
Plus500 is an innovative leading online Contracts for Difference (CFDs) trading platform provider.
Needed a secure, scalable cloud-based solution to manage and track millions of uploads, downloads and secure document review that can span across its trading platform.
The Thru Platform, with unlimited storage and bandwidth capability, coupled with its extensive API, integration toolkit and ironclad SLA.
- Keeps pace with fast company growth
- Meets demanding integration requirements
- Meets finance industry’s tightly controlled governance requirements
Plus500 is a leading international financial firm that provides online trading services in Contracts for Difference (CFDs) across more than 2,000 securities and multiple asset classes. Plus500 has an active customer base of over 317,000 with 37 million positions opened and nearly $1.3 trillion global trade value in 2017. Plus500 is headquartered in Israel with subsidiaries in UK, Cyprus, Australia, Singapore and Bulgaria.
A daily process for thousands of customers and partners of Plus500 is the uploading of files containing sensitive financial data to its applications servers for business processes. As the company’s user base and partner network quickly expanded, the company needed a solution that could easily offload sensitive files from its application servers to a cloud-based platform.
To keep pace with its extensive growth and uphold its strong commitment to security and financial industry compliance, Plus500 searched for a managed file transfer solution to meet the following requirements:
- Satisfy all security and compliance requirements and protect sensitive financial data as demanded by the rigorously regulated financial industry.
- Provide a full-featured API and toolset to integrate the Plus500 trading platform with unlimited, scalable secure storage.
- Drive toward 100% reliability to meet business performance requirements and service level agreements (SLAs)
After completing a successful pilot-to-production rollout, Plus500 chose the Thru Platform to manage critical file exchange processes with customers and partners.
A key reason for choosing Thru was the ability to meet demanding integration requirements via the Thru API. Using Thru’s robust API, Plus500 easily integrated its application servers with the Thru platform to enable fast offloading of files to Thru’s secure global data centers.
Chief Operating Officer
Plus500 serves its customer base and partners faster now that Thru handles all the “heavy-lifting” of critical file exchange processes in the cloud.
Chief Operating Officer
Here are some of the top benefits Thru provides to Plus500:
- Keeps pace with fast company growth – Prior to using Thru, Plus500 struggled to keep its file exchange processes up to speed due to its explosive growth. Thru now enables the company to scale file exchange processes on demand and meet SLAs with Thru’s instantly-scalable file exchange and collaboration platform, meeting both horizontal and vertical growth demands for the company.
- Met demanding integration requirements – One of the top needs for Plus500 was to find a vendor that could easily integrate with its application servers to push sensitive data to secure storage. Thru went above and beyond these requirements and now the company greatly relies on Thru as its system for critical file exchange processes.
- Protects sensitive data and meets compliance – Thru’s enterprise-grade secure file transfer features, such as encryption and antivirus scanning, now help Plus500 meet its strict security requirements