Customer Success Story:
Sport Clips replaces Hightail’s Outlook plugin with Thru to email large file attachments
Country or Region
United States and Canada
Sport Clips is a national sports-themed hair care franchise targeted to men and boys.
Needed a replacement for Hightail’s Outlook plugin to email large file attachments.
Sport Clips replaced Hightail with the Thru for Outlook integration to easily send files of any size.
- No file size limits
- Increased efficiency and user satisfaction
- Improved collaboration with the Thru Side Panel in Outlook
- Increased security due to encryption, anti-virus scanning and optional password requirements
- Access to additional integrations to Office 365 and Salesforce
Sport Clips is one of the most respected and fastest-growing hair care franchises in the United States. The company is ranked by Entrepreneur as one of the Top 10 ”Fastest-Growing Franchises” and operates a franchise system of more than 1,700 stores in the United States and Canada.
Email is still the primary messaging and collaboration tool despite widespread adoption of instant messaging platforms. However, as the volume and size of files increase, many of today’s businesses have a problem when needing to send large files that are above the standard file size limit. Employees at Sport Clips experienced this issue when employees needed to send large files from Microsoft Outlook.
Sport Clips had been using an Outlook plugin by Hightail that allowed them to send larger email attachments, but the product was discontinued. Without the large file sharing functionality they needed in Outlook, the company decided to either shift employees to use Hightail’s web application or find a replacement similar to the Hightail Outlook plugin.
To allow employees to easily send large files using Microsoft Outlook, Sport Clips chose the Thru integration to Outlook to replace the Hightail Outlook plugin.
Using Thru for Outlook, users not only send large file attachments but they can now directly access and manage their entire cloud file system without leaving their mailbox. Here are some capabilities of Thru for Outlook that make sending large files easier for Sport Clips employees:
- Quickly share large files with no file size limit via secure links
- Choose to send files stored in Thru Cloud or from the desktop
- Access, drag and drop files to and from Thru Cloud as attachments from the Thru Side Panel
- Protect digital assets with encryption, antivirus scanning and requiring recipients to enter a password to download files
- Keep sensitive communications secure with private messaging
Now that Sport Clips is using Thru for large file transfers, employees are able to easily exchange large files and have additional benefits that aren’t available with Hightail:
- No limits on file size has increased efficiency and user satisfaction
- Employees spend less time on the web and instantly open, edit and send online documents and presentations from Outlook
- Users have access to additional application integrations
- Thru mobile applications give users the option to securely access, manage and transfer large files from their own devices
- External customers and partners can send Sport Clips large files securely via Thru Dropbox™
Top brands like Sport Clips continue to choose Thru’s range of file transfer integrations. Built exclusively for businesses, Thru is the only solution that gives organizations a unified, 360-degree access to content and the ability to exchange, sync and share files from anywhere, anytime and from any device.