Managed File Transfer (MFT) Agent
The Thru Node is a managed file transfer (MFT) agent based on a distributed hybrid architecture—installed on-premises but orchestrated by the cloud.
- Eliminate server setup and maintenance
- Keep files secure with HTTPS
- Flexible and easy to use
How Does the Thru Node Work?
The Thru Node (previously referred to as the transport client) is a package of runtimes that executes internal or external file transfers. The node retrieves configurations and updates from the cloud. Once deployed, the node reports completed actions and exceptions via an outbound HTTPS connection to the APIs.
MFT Agent Deployment
Deploy the node in minutes:
- Create a Thru Node in the web portal and download it.
- A secret key will be automatically set up once a new node is created.
- Create a File Share endpoint and connect it with the node.
- Add the node as an endpoint in your file transfer workflows.
File / Folder Features
- Limitless number of folder paths with one node
- Encryption and decryption
- Compression and decompression
Internal and External Automated File Transfers
Internal Use Case for MFT Agent
Deploy the node within an enterprise local area network (LAN) to securely transfer files between internal systems, applications or teams.
External Use Case for MFT Agent
Deploy a node to transfer files with partners or invite partners to use nodes to transfer files with your organization.
Using MFT Agent Is Easier for Non-Technical Partners
A food franchise company receives point-of-sale (POS) information daily from its franchisees. Its franchisees’ personnel are not technical and only have laptops to use.
The franchisees install and use Thru Nodes to transfer POS data. By using the nodes, the company successfully meets its security and ease of use requirements.