Thru, Inc Corporate Communications Manager
Location: Irving, Texas (Local Candidates Only)
Employee Type: Full-Time Employee
At Thru, we’re revolutionizing file transfer technology. Our Managed File Transfer (MFT) platform helps enterprises modernize their file transfer infrastructure by reducing complexity and replacing brittle bespoke file transfer systems, increasing business agility and competitiveness.
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, we have offices and employees around the world. Thru’s customers are some of the largest, most demanding global enterprises, including numerous Fortune Global 500 corporations. Thru provides security, reliability and transparency in a world where currency is the exchange of information.
An individual contributor, the Corporate Communications Manager will be responsible for nurturing and maintaining a strong network of media and analyst contacts, increasing awareness of Thru’s products and industry leadership. This is a key role and one that requires a sophisticated understanding of the changing media landscape, the dynamic nature of the tech industry and the ability to translate company objectives into strategic analyst communications and clever PR campaigns.
The Corporate Communications Manager is tasked with setting the overall PR / AR strategy and managing corporate communications day-to-day operations. This individual will be responsible for executing communications initiatives, developing strong relationships with industry analysts and monitoring and analyzing developments in the news. The right candidate will have strong experience in tech, is results-driven and has an aptitude to take ideas from strategy through execution.
- Manage and grow the corporate communications program to influence key press and industry analysts in areas related to managed file transfer and file transfer modernization.
- Develop, manage and implement analyst relations and press engagement strategies to elevate Thru’s products and innovation in mainstream and trade publications and analyst reports.
- Cultivate strong relationships with industry analysts and press, including proactive engagement in industry forums, advisory days, events, webinars, briefings, inquiries, announcements, etc.
- Design communications plans to support launches and marketing campaigns.
- Generate compelling content, including briefing documents, messaging, competitive positioning, press releases, byline articles, op-eds, contributed articles and briefing presentations.
- Provide responses for analyst evaluations like Gartner Magic Quadrants, Forrester Waves, IDC MarketScapes.
- Manage executive participation in analyst interactions and develop spokespeople.
- Oversee and manage all ongoing contracts with industry analyst firms.
- Monitor the perception of Thru’s products, industry trends and strategic developments to provide counsel to internal stakeholders and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy.
- Drive and manage delivery of Thru news updates and analysis, providing timely market insight to a broad set of stakeholders across Thru’s business.
- Manage Thru’s product review and award submission process, working closely with marketing to identify opportunities and draft relevant materials.
- Collaborate on the design and execution of a content syndication strategy.
- Establish, measure, analyze and communicate on KPI performance against goal on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in journalism, public relations, communication or marketing.
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate communications, public relations, product marketing, and strong media contacts throughout North America and Europe.
- Successful track record designing and executing successful corporate communications campaigns, developing media strategies, identifying story angles and securing top tier coverage.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet competing deadlines and an aptitude for prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Strong commitment to excellence and delivering against objectives.
- Adept at building relationships and influencing cross functionally.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
- Adept at crafting and placing technology and modernization stories whether there is news or not.
- Deep understanding of the media landscape and storytelling abilities.
- Knowledge of trends in corporate communications: public and analyst relations.
- Strong and trusted relationships with national business and industry media outlets.
Thru offers competitive compensation packages including rich medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance coverage, equity and generous matching in our IRA program. Come-as-you-are casual dress environments, and certain disciplines can qualify for education subsidies. Our PTO policy, flexible work schedules, paid holidays and a subsidized gym membership allow you to balance your work with your non-work life.
Thru is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your CV/resumé.
Please be sure to specify the Job Position Title in the Subject Line.