Manhattan Associates uses Thru for FTP Replacement
With over 1,200 customers worldwide, Manhattan Associates delivers best-in-class supply chain management solutions. Their solutions enable companies to strategically execute management tasks and develop competitive market advantage.
Click to watch specific topic:
“Our executive team couldn’t be happier with some of our new processes… Our CFO is happy, the CEO is happy, and our customers are happy. It’s a great experience.”
THE CHALLENGE: Secure and Easy Partner Management
With a global partner base approaching 1,000, Manhattan’s aging FTP infrastructure was not able to keep up to pace with their file transfer demands. “We clearly needed to replace it so that we could meet our security, delivery, and ease-of-use requirements,” states Manhattan CIO, Kevin McDearis.
- Increase file exchange security for both internal staff and external customers
- Need to enhance uptime, disaster recovery, and security posture
- Data centers not being completely available and occasional power outages cause content delivery to be delayed to customers
- FTP system doesn’t comply with auditing and reporting requirements
BUSINESS VALUE: 100% Uptime, Reduced IT Costs, Compliance Satisfied
Manhattan Associates chose the Thru Managed File Transfer Platform to exchange files among internal users and large supply chain brands. The services provided by Thru has given Manhattan financial, security, and availability benefits.
- 100% global availability and delivery “anytime, anywhere” lets Manhattan send their software updates 24/7
- Self-service tasks, such as account creation and auditing and reporting capabilities, cut back IT costs and lower help desk requests
- All software is instantly delivered via Thru, saving on hardcopy costs, shipping and delivery time
- Thru complies with security frameworks such as HIPAA, and FISMA; satisfying Manhattan’s customer compliance and certification requirements
THRU SOLUTION: FTP Alternative, Electronic Software Delivery
After Manhattan Associates realized their aging FTP system wasn’t providing them with the security, delivery, and ease of use they required, they began to search for a managed file transfer solution. Thru met Manhattan’s file transfer requirements such as secure global availability, integration capacities, and an easy-to-use interface.
- Partner File Exchange Portal – Manhattan replaced FTP with the Thru Partner File Exchange Portal. Manhattan enjoys wire speeds with their on-premises implementation while syncing with Cloud implementation that is accessible to partners. Self-serving account requests automate onboarding of partners, greatly reducing administration time and simplifying file exchange for everyone.
- Thru Electronic Software Delivery – A lot of the files transferred from Manhattan Associates are software modifications and solutions to their customers. Thru Electronic Software Delivery allows vendors to rapidly send software updates of any size to any part of the globe.
- Revenue Recognition – Software distribution requires proof of delivery for revenue recognition. Thru’s reporting and tracking provide an audit of all transactions. After software download, a record is created in a CRM such as Salesforce, permitting the CRM to be the single system of record.
- Auditing and Reporting – An FTP system didn’t meet Manhattan’s auditing and reporting requirements. Thru allows users to do auditing and reporting checks on their own, without service desk request. Users can set an expiration date for files, receive notifications on file downloads, and an optional password requirement. Administrators are given ability to filter files to know who and when a person accesses any file.
- Thru Dropbox™ – If someone without a Thru account wants to deliver a file to Manhattan, they use the Thru Dropbox™ to securely deliver files or folders of any size. All incoming files are scanned for viruses to ensure each file is safe.
- Custom Enhancements – Thru is a Business Partner: When Manhattan was in need of custom integration for various applications, Thru was able to tailor to their requirements, delivering custom requests for enhancements, changes, and modifications on a schedule. These changes were able to minimize administration time and greatly facilitate movement of data between Manhattan and their partners.
- Case Studies Main Page
- ACI Worldwide
- Berghof Group
- BSA LifeStructures
- Costa Cruises
- Dell EMC
- Inkjet International
- Manhattan Associates
- MWH Global
- NCC Group
- Pioneer Energy Services
- Sport Clips
- St. Paul Group
- SWA Group
- The Motley Fool
- The Richards Group