Vocera uses Thru for FTP alternative and electronic software delivery
Installed in over 1000 enterprises worldwide, Vocera offers a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services to improve communication and workflow, enabling mobile workers to securely and instantly connect with the right person, group or information. Vocera provides integrated, intelligent communication solutions to instantly connect people in mobile, mission-critical environments: healthcare, hospitality, energy, education and more.
Click to watch specific topic:
“I had potential vendors telling me it would take months to integrate and Thru said it would take less than a month. I chose to believe the best from Thru and they came through with flying colors.”
VP of Solution Support
THE CHALLENGE: Slow Physical Delivery of Software and Lack of External File Sharing
Vocera Communications, a provider of communication software solutions, found their method of mailing physical software updates to customers to be lacking. “Distributing through CDs and DVDs was cumbersome,” said VP of Solution Support, Tom Southard. They began to search for a single file transfer solution that would solve the following issues:
- Slow delivery of software updates due to sending physical copies by mail
- Lack of secure external file sharing capabilities for company support teams
- CRM solution not integrated with a file transfer solution
BUSINESS VALUE: Electronic Software Delivery, Salesforce Integration, Thru Dropbox™
Vocera Communications chose Thru to answer their software delivery and file transfer problem. Since deployment, they have experienced an increase in customer satisfaction, cuts on IT costs, and greater administrative control of company assets.
- Ability to deliver software instantly through the Cloud as opposed to mailing physical media, saving the company and customers time and resources
- Customer support uses the Thru Dropbox™ to protect sensitive customer data
- Implemented integration with CRM solution within only a few weeks
- Saved on storage costs due to customer support resources
THRU SOLUTION: FTP Alternative, Customer Support for ISV’s
Vocera had been sending their software solutions by physical media and saw that it was lacking in speed and convenience for customers. They found the right software delivery solution with Thru and also gained additional features they needed like Thru Dropbox and CRM integration.
- Ease of Use – Internally, Vocera found that Thru enabled them to deliver software much more efficiently and reliability than their previous methods of FTP and mailing CDs. Customers download software without hassle or wait time, and company surveys report that customers “love the new software delivery method.”
- Customer Support for ISVs – Vocera’s support team uses Thru Dropbox, enabling their customer support team to receive files or folders of any size from customers and external senders. It addresses the security by encrypting transfers, scanning for viruses on every file uploaded, as well as enabling reporting and auditing of every transaction on a file.
- Thru API and Integration – Vocera completed a custom integration with Salesforce in only two weeks that was tailored to their business needs and maximized the value of their current infrastructure.