Country or Region
Manhattan Associates make commerce-ready supply chains that bring all points of commerce together so you’re ready to sell and ready to execute.
Needed to replace its aging FTP servers and transition from physical shipments of its software builds and updates.
Manhattan Associates is using Thru on-premises and in the cloud to exchange large files and to transfer software to customers.
- Increased the speed of software deliveries to customers
- Increased security posture for company and customer data
- Met compliance standards: HIPAA, PCI and FISMA
- Lowered IT costs and decreased help desk requests
- 100% global availability and delivery
With over 1,200 customers worldwide, Manhattan Associates delivers best-in-class supply chain management solutions. Their solutions enable companies to strategically execute management tasks and develop competitive market advantage.
Click to go to specific topic:
With a global partner base approaching 1,000, Manhattan Associates’ aging FTP infrastructure was not able to keep up with their file transfer demands. Data centers were not completely available and occasional power outages caused content delivery to be delayed to customers. Additionally, their FTP system didn’t comply with auditing and reporting requirements.
“We clearly needed to replace it so that we could meet our security, delivery and ease-of-use requirements.”
Chief Information Officer
When Manhattan Associates realized their FTP system wasn’t providing the security and timely delivery required in today’s digital workplace, the search began for a file exchange solution to meet their requirements:
- Increase file exchange security for both internal staff and external customers.
- Enhance uptime, disaster recovery and security posture.
- Have reliable, timely delivery of software and patches.
- Meet compliance, auditing and reporting requirements.
Manhattan Associates chose the Thru File Exchange and Collaboration Platform to exchange files among internal users and large supply chain brands. Thru met their file transfer requirements such as secure global availability, integration capacities and an easy-to-use interface.
“We were not only able to solve our own internal file exchange problems, but we were also able to address file management challenges with our customers.”
Chief Information Officer
- Partner File Exchange Portal – Manhattan replaced FTP with the Thru Partner File Exchange Portal. Manhattan enjoys wire speeds with their on-premises implementation while syncing with Cloud implementation that is accessible to partners. Self-serving account requests automate onboarding of partners, greatly reducing administration time and simplifying file exchange for everyone.
- Thru Electronic Software Delivery – Many of the files transferred from Manhattan Associates are software modifications and solutions to their customers. Thru Electronic Software Delivery allows vendors to rapidly send software updates of any size to any part of the globe.
- Revenue Recognition – Software distribution requires proof of delivery for revenue recognition. Thru’s reporting and tracking provide an audit of all transactions. After a software download, a record is created in a CRM such as Salesforce, permitting the CRM to be the single system of record.
- Auditing and Reporting – An FTP system didn’t meet Manhattan Associates’ auditing and reporting requirements. Thru enables users to do auditing and reporting checks on their own, without service desk requests. Users can set an expiration date for files, receive notifications on file downloads and include an optional password requirement. Administrators are given the ability to filter files to know who and when any file is accessed.
- Thru Dropbox™ – If someone without a Thru account wants to send a file to Manhattan Associates, they use a Thru Dropbox™ to securely deliver files or folders of any size. All incoming files are scanned for viruses to ensure each file is safe.
- Custom Enhancements: Thru Is a Business Partner – When Manhattan was in need of custom integration for various applications, Thru was able to tailor to their requirements, delivering custom requests for enhancements, changes and modifications on a schedule. These changes were able to minimize administration time and greatly facilitate movement of data between Manhattan Associates and their partners.
“Our executive team couldn’t be happier with some of our new processes… Our CFO is happy, the CEO is happy, and our customers are happy. It’s a great experience.”
Chief Information Officer
The services provided by Thru has given Manhattan Associates several benefits:
- 100% global availability and delivery – “Anytime, anywhere” lets Manhattan Associates send their software updates 24/7.
- Cut IT costs and decreased help desk requests – Thru enables self-service on tasks such as account creation and auditing and reporting capabilities.
- All software is instantly delivered – Experiencing savings on hardcopy costs, shipping costs and delivery time.
- Satisfies customer compliance and certification requirements – Thru complies with security frameworks such as HIPAA, PCI, and FISMA.