Country or Region
IT and Services
Vocera provides integrated, intelligent communication software solutions to instantly connect people in mobile, mission-critical environments.
Needed a file transfer solution to eliminate slow physical shipments and improve customer support.
Vocera uses Thru to instantly exchange large software files with its customers.
- Saves time and resources by sending software electronically
- Increased security and efficiency for customer support file exchanges by using Thru Dropbox™
- Implemented custom integration with Salesforce within only a few weeks
Installed in over 1000 enterprises worldwide, Vocera Communications offers a comprehensive portfolio of solutions and services to improve communication and workflow, enabling mobile workers to securely and instantly connect with the right person, group or information. Vocera provides integrated, intelligent communication solutions to instantly connect people in mobile, mission-critical environments: healthcare, hospitality, energy, education and more.
Click to go to specific topic:
“I had potential vendors telling me it would take months to integrate and Thru said it would take less than a month. I chose to believe the best from Thru and they came through with flying colors.”
Vice President of Solution Support
Vocera found their method of mailing physical software updates to customers to be lacking. “Distributing through CDs and DVDs was cumbersome,” said Tom Southard, VP of Solution Support at Vocera. The search began for a single file transfer solution that would solve the following issues:
- Slow delivery of software updates due to sending physical copies by mail.
- Customer databases and log files too large for standard email attachments.
- CRM solution not integrated with a file transfer solution.
Vocera had been sending their software solutions by physical media and realized it was lacking in speed and convenience for customers. They found the right software delivery solution with Thru and gained additional features they needed such as CRM integration.
- Ease of Use – Internally, Vocera found that Thru enables them to deliver software much more efficiently and reliably than their previous methods of FTP and mailing CDs.
- Customers “Love the new software delivery method” according to company surveys – Customers easily download software without hassle or wait time.
- Customer Support for ISVs – Vocera’s support team uses Thru Dropbox™, enabling their customer support team to receive files or folders of any size from customers and external senders.
- Greatly Improved Security Posture – Thru addresses security issues by encrypting transfers, scanning for viruses on every file uploaded, as well as enabling reporting and auditing of every transaction on a file.
- Thru API and Rapid Integration – In only two weeks, Vocera completed a custom integration with Salesforce that was tailored to their business needs and maximized the value of their current infrastructure.
“We were looking to address security, bandwidth and storage; those are the things that Thru had to offer for us.”
Vice President of Solution Support
Vocera chose Thru to answer their software delivery and file transfer problem. Since deployment of the Thru File Exchange and Collaboration platform, they have experienced several benefits:
- Saving Time and Resources – Ability to deliver software instantly through the cloud as opposed to mailing physical media resulting in savings for both Vocera and customers.
- Increase in Customer Satisfaction – Customer support uses Thru Dropbox™ to securely receive large customer databases and log files.
- Greater Administrative Control of Company Assets Enables revenue recognition and reporting, tracking and auditing of every transaction on a file.